Learning Support Mentor
We are looking for a Learning Support Mentor to join our supportive and talented team at Engaging Potential. We are looking for motivated, committed professionals with a real passion for supporting young people to meet their full potential.
You will be working within a fantastic and experienced team who are committed to providing the very best learning experiences to every student on roll. You will also work in, around and within the local community and enjoy a varied workload each day.
As part of the Engaging Potential team, you can expect to access our generous benefits package which includes
- access to our pension scheme
- flexible start/finish times to support work/life balance (generally 37.5 hours per week)
- paid school holidays
- personal development opportunities
- comprehensive induction process
- competitive salary
About Engaging Potential
Engaging Potential is a small independent school offering an alternative approach to mainstream. We are currently a small team of 9 but looking to expand further. We work alongside 14 students who are predominantly 14-17 years of age with Education Health Care Plans.
In a nutshell Engaging Potential…
- is passionate about meeting students ‘where they are at’ rather than where it is deemed they should be
- tailors its curriculum to meet student needs and not the other way around
- offers an ever-evolving individual timetable to each student based on their needs, interests and aspirations
- values and recognises that learning takes place inside and outside of a classroom
- really gets to know its students
- builds good working relationships with parents and carers
- is passionate about life skills
- celebrates the little stuff
What we are looking for:
To be successful in the post, you will be able to build good relationships with students, support them in all aspects of their learning and personal development and enjoy working in a positive and supportive team. You will enjoy working holistically, making a difference and being part of an organisation that values student’s achievements academically, personally and socially.
- Salary: Starting Salary £19,000 per annum
- Closing Date: 7th February 2022 NOON
- Interviews: 10th & 11th February 2022
- Start Date: ASAP
- Learning Support Mentor - Job Description
- Learning Support Mentor - Person Specification
- Application Form
Engaging Potential offers flexible start and finish times each day. Previous experience of working with challenging young people is essential. Please download and save blank application form using Adobe before completing. Please send applications to email@example.com or by post to Engaging Potential, Progress House, 79 Gaywood Drive, Newbury, Berks, RG14 2PR. Kindly note we do not accept CVs. If you have any queries please contact us, term time only, on 01635 524 113.